The annual Open Design Cape Town, taking place 10-21 August 2016, will collaborate with the Cape Craft and Design Institute (CCDI) to highlight the diversity and impact of the CCDI projects in promoting the understanding and uptake of design and design thinking in business, the public sector and education to improve local products, services and systems.
- In partnership with the Western Cape province Department of Human Settlements and Department of Economic Affairs and Tourism, the CCDI will be showcasing how design thinking is being applied in the conceptualisation and roll out of the second round of the Better Living Challenge (BLC) - a five-year programme launched in 2014 to surface design innovation in the low-income housing market
- The Design Human Capital Forum, which is a quarterly meeting of design educators, government and industry to address issues and opportunities in design education, will explore the topic, 'What are the core design-related skills needed by industry to drive innovation'
- The CCDI is collaborating with Woolworths Education Department to offer career talks aimed at high school students and to give them the opportunity to meet designers that are working in different creative industries
- The CCDI expo stand will showcase some of the new innovative offerings that the CCDI offers to creative businesses that join its database as members
- A 'surrealist day' of creative play at the CCDI including creative making, movement and exploration
- Tours of the CCDI Product Support Space – an assisted DIY facility helping craft producers, designers and other small businesses to develop new, and refine existing product
For more information, go click here or call Sherezaan at +27 (0) 21 461 1488.
Lihat Sumbernya → Open Design Cape Town features the Cape Craft and Design Institute
Download MP3 Terbaru → Saulo Fernandes Mp3 Download